Cavs catch the “spirit” prior to holiday break

Anna Barger

Art teachers Jamie Barnett (left) and Amanda Berneche (right) wear their tackiest and most festive sweaters for “Deck the Halls” day.

To kick off the final week before break, the Student Council Association organized a Winter Spirit Week and chose its daily themes. On Monday, Dec. 12, Clover Hill kicked off the event with “Pajama Day.” Students showed school spirit by wearing slippers, Santa hats, fuzzy socks and their favorite pajama pants. On Tuesday, Dec. 13, students “Decked the Halls” by wearing their tackiest sweaters, lights and all things winter. Wednesday was “Festive Family Photo Day.” Students coordinated with their friends and wore matching holiday outfits. Thursday was “Holiday in the Tropics,” where students dressed up in their best tropical gear to celebrate the holidays. Students wore leis, flip flops and tropical shirts while figuratively spending the holiday season ‘on the beach.’ On Friday Dec. 16, students dressed in all white to “Let it Snow.” Students ended spirit week with a pep rally and the student faculty basketball game