News Roundup: 4/17 – 4/22

Announcements:

The library will host a poetry workshop every Wednesday this month that students can sign up. They are also holding a poetry contest where students can submit their work. The sign up sheet for the workshops and the information for the poetry contest are available in the library.

Juniors and Seniors: Prom tickets will be on sale all week during lunches. Students who have paid their dues will have reduced ticket prices. See your canvas announcements for more details.

Last week:

The softball team defeated Cosby 8-3 at home. Angelina Branch had 12 strikeouts. 

The boys track and field team won the Dominion District meet at Midlothian High School on Thursday, April 13, while the girls team earned second place.

This week:

Monday (4/17):

Mu Alpha Theta will have their last meeting after school in rooms 415/417. Seniors in good standing will receive graduation cords, and juniors will be given information about applying to be an officer next year

There will be a rehearsal for “Into the Woods” by Theatre on the Hill from 3-7 p.m in the auditorium.

The baseball teams have games against Prince George. The junior varsity team will play on the road and the varsity team will play at home. Both games start at 5 p.m

The softball teams have games against Prince George. The junior varsity team will play on the road and the varsity team will play at home. Both games start at 5 p.m

The girls lacrosse teams have games against Prince George on the road. The junior varsity game starts at 5:30 p.m and the varsity game starts at 7 p.m

The boys varsity lacrosse team has a game against Prince George at home. The game will start at 6 p.m

Tuesday (4/18):

There will be a rehearsal for “Into the Woods” by Theatre on the Hill from 3-7 p.m. in the auditorium.

The boys varsity tennis team has a game against James River on the road. The game will start at 3:30 p.m

The girls varsity tennis team has a game against James River at home. The game will start at 3:30 p.m

There will be an informational cheer meeting in the commons. The meeting will begin at 6 p.m

Wednesday (4/19):

Cavs for Christ will meet before school in room 423. All are welcome to join.

Film club will be watching “Fantastic Mr.Fox” after school in room 329.  All are welcome to join

The library will have a Books & Bites meeting during all 4 lunches. The theme will be “Novels in verse,” novel-length books told through the medium of poetry. All are welcome.

The girls lacrosse teams have games against Cosby on the road. The junior varsity game starts at 5:30 p.m and the varsity game starts at 7 p.m

The boys varsity lacrosse team has a game against Cosby at home. The game will start at 6 p.m

Thursday (4/20):

The boys varsity tennis team has a game against Lloyd C. Bird on the road. The game will start at 3:30 p.m

The girls varsity tennis team has a game against Lloyd C. Bird at home. The game will start at 3:30 p.m

The varsity baseball team has a game against Hugenot on the road. The game will start at 6 p.m

The girls varsity soccer team has a game against Hugenot on the road. The game will start at 6 p.m

The boys varsity soccer team has a game against Hugenot on the road. The game will start at 7:30 p.m

The varsity softball team has a game against Hugenot on the road. The game will start at 6 p.m

The Cursive Club will have a meeting after school in Mr.Goobic’s room.

Friday (4/21):

The Clover Hill HS blood drive will be accepting blood donations from 8 a.m-3 p.m. See Nurse White for more information.

There will be a senior art exhibition in the forum from 5:30 p.m- 7:30 p.m.

Saturday (4/22):

There will be a National Honors Society event in the commons from 8 a.m- 5 p.m

Sunday (4/23):

Sports scores:

Baseball vs. Powhatan: 7-2 Loss (4/11)

Boys lacrosse vs. Glen Allen: 16-5 Loss (4/10)

Girls lacrosse vs. Glen Allen: 19-5 Loss (4/10)

Boys soccer vs. Powhatan: 3-0 Loss (4/11)

Girls soccer vs. Powhatan: 2-0 Win (4/11)

Softball vs. Powhatan: 9-5 Loss (4/11)

Boys lacrosse vs. Monacan: 11-4 Loss (4/12)

Girls lacrosse vs. Monacan: 21-3 Win (4/12)

Boys soccer vs. Cosby: 4-0 Loss (4/13)

Girls soccer vs. Cosby: 3-0 Loss (4/13)

Baseball vs. Cosby: 7-2 Loss (4/13)

Softball vs. Powhatan: 8-3 Win (4/13)

Boys tennis vs. Cosby: 8-1 Loss (4/13)

Girls tennis vs. Cosby: 9-0 Loss (4/13)

Varsity sports record updates:

Softball: 6-2

Baseballs: 2-7

Boys tennis: 4-4

Girls tennis: 3-4

Boys lacrosse: 3-4

Girls lacrosse: 4-2

Boys soccer: 3-4

Girls soccer: 4-4

In the community:

Site work has begun for 310 apartments next to Walmart Way and Old Buckingham Road. The project is expected to be completed in mid-2024.

LEGO has announced that it will be building its very first U.S factory in Chesterfield County. The factory will create over 1,700 jobs and feature a carbon neutral design. It is expected to open in mid-2025.